You are entitled to know how we protect your personal information and how we limit its disclosure.
We obtain nonpublic personal information about our customers from the following sources:
- Applications or other forms
- When you create a user ID and password for online account access
- When you enroll in eDocs Direct, our electronic document delivery service
- Your transactions with us, our affiliates or others
- Technologies on our website, including: “cookies” and web beacons, which are used to collect data on the pages you visit and the features you use
If you visit www.oppenheimerfunds.com and do not log on to the secure account information areas, we do not obtain any personal information about you. When you do log on to a secure area, we do obtain your user ID and password to identify you. We also use this information to provide you with products and services you have requested, to inform you about products and services that you may be interested in and assist you in other ways.
We do not collect personal information through our website unless you willingly provide it to us, either directly by email or in those areas of the website that request information. In order to update your personal information (including your mailing address, email address and phone number) you must first log on and visit your user profile.
Protection of Information
We do not disclose any non-public personal information (such as names on a customer list) about current or former customers to anyone, except as permitted by law.
Disclosure of Information
Copies of confirmations, account statements and other documents reporting activity in your fund accounts are made available to your financial advisor (as designated by you). We may also use details about you and your investments to help us, our financial service affiliates, or firms that jointly market their financial products and services with ours, to better serve your investment needs or educational material that may be of interest to you. If this requires us to provide you with an opportunity to “opt in” or “opt out” of such information sharing with a firm not affiliated with us, you will receive notification on how to do so, before any such sharing takes place.
Right of Refusal
We will not disclose your personal information to unaffiliated third parties (except as permitted by law), unless we first offer you a reasonable opportunity to refuse or “opt out” of such disclosure.
Internet Security and Encryption
In general, the email services provided by this website are encrypted and provide a secure and private means of communication with us. To protect your own privacy, confidential and/or personal information should only be communicated via email when you are advised that you are using a secure website.
As a security measure, we do not include personal or account information in non-secure emails, and we advise you not to send such information to us in non-secure emails. Instead, you may take advantage of the secure features of our website to encrypt your email correspondence. To do this, you will need to use a browser that supports Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol.
- All transactions conducted via our websites, including redemptions, exchanges and purchases, are secured by the highest encryption standards possible. SSL is used to establish a secure connection between your PC and OppenheimerFunds’ server. It transmits information in an encrypted and scrambled format.
- Encryption is achieved through an electronic scrambling technology that uses a “key” to code and then decode the data. Encryption acts like the cable converter box you may have on your television set. It scrambles data with a secret code so that no one can make sense of it while it is being transmitted. When the data reaches its destination, the same software unscrambles the data.
- You can exit the secure area by either closing your browser, or for added security, you can use the Log Out button before you close your browser.
Other Security Measures
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your personal account information. Our employees and agents have access to that information only so that they may offer you products or provide services, for example, when responding to your account questions.
How You Can Help
You can also do your part to keep your account information private and to prevent unauthorized transactions. If you obtain a user ID and password for your account, safeguard that information. Also, take special precautions when accessing your account on a computer used by others. Strengthening your online credentials -your online security profile –typically your user name, password, and security questions and answers, can be one of your most important lines of defense on the Internet. For additional information on how you can help prevent identity theft, visit https://www.oppenheimerfunds.com/security.
Who We Are